In my four years as a mental health blogger, I’ve taken steps to become a mental health advocate and talk about mental health in a realistic way that centers health and wellness. In that time, I’ve had the opportunity to collaborate with other organizations as a blogger and as an advocate to talk about my experience with mental health. My clips include:
- I was a guest on The Active Optimist Podcast with Irina Erickson, where I spoke about my mental health journey, fighting depression stigma and how each person’s experience with depression is unique: LISTEN HERE.
- I was interviewed by Peaceful Soul as part of The Wellbeing 5 Project: LINK HERE.
- I was interviewed by NBCLX during their Mental Health Awareness Week for a video story, “How Changing Our Language Can Help Break the Stigma Around Mental Illness”.
- I wrote an article for Prairie Health about my experience with depression, “What is clinical depression, and what does it look like?“
- I wrote an article for Be Kind & Co about World Suicide Prevention Month, “World Suicide Prevention Day: Here’s How You Can Help.”
My Brain’s Not Broken has been featured on a number of lists as one of the best mental health blogs on the Internet. These lists include: